Public safety is one of the top priorities for the city of Eindhoven, which has ranked for several years as one of the least safe cities in the Netherlands. Mayor Rob van Gijzel has asked for IBM's support and recommendations on how to better use data and technology to prevent and address organized crime, theft, and a growing black market economy. The team is developing a plan to help city leadership better engage with stakeholders within and outside the city and leverage the high-tech resources that exist in Eindhoven, including Brainport, a collaborative partnership of businesses, scientists and government dedicated to promoting technology and business development in the city.
Rob van Gijzel
Mayor of Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Global Government Industry Research Relationship Manager, Research, IBM US
- Technical Assistant to Deepak Advani, Vice President Business Analytics Products and Solutions, Software Group, IBM Canada
- Global Solution Leader, Public Safety, Global Business Services, IBM Netherlands
- Senior Vice President, i2 Inc., IBM US
- Executive IT Architect, Global Business Services, IBM Germany