St. Louis, United States
Despite an overall downward trend in crime rates, St. Louis has been labeled the "most dangerous city in America" in recent years. Mayor Francis G. Slay asked the IBM team to provide a set of actionable recommendations to improve public safety outcomes through better information management. The team provided a roadmap that includes coordination of business process and flows of data throughout the public safety system, and identified opportunities for accountability and cost-savings through performance management, analytics asset management, operational streamlining and policy changes.
The Executive Summary Report describes the key focus areas, overall themes and top-priority recommendations developed by the IBM team during their Smarter Cities Challenge engagement in St. Louis.
The City of St. Louis has posted a web page describing IBM's activities and areas of focus during the Smarter Cities Challenge engagement. The entire report is accessible from this page.
Francis G. Slay Francis G. Slay
Mayor of St. Louis, Missouri
- Senior Certified Executive Architect
- Software Group, Market Segment Manager, Business Analytics
- Public Sector, Industry Solution Representative
- Global Technology Services, Security Specialist
- Global Business Services, Strategy Consultant
- Systems & Technology, Solution Sales Manager